75* today. We totally took advantage of the warmth and had 3 friends (and a sibling) and their moms over at the house. One of the moms brought a delicious asian salad, eggrolls and fruit to share with everyone. It was such a nice afternoon filled with play and good chit-chat and a much needed escape from the winter since snow is yet again in the forecast for next week. The great day ended with Chloe knocked out on the couch for a 2 hour nap and now a high fever. Bummer.
I have a lot of favorite shows...Seinfeld, Cheers, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Modern Family, Friends, Californication. But when I think about a show that I love I always come back to The Wonder Years. I loved the family dynamics, I had a huge crush on Kevin and I wanted to be Winnie Cooper so badly.
It was a tough choice between my parents and Pete. I've obviously been close to my parents for my whole life but Pete REALLY knows me inside and out. He is my best friend.
And I have to admit that I'm not loving this photo challenge. A lot of the topics involve pulling old photos or even taking a photo from another source. Sort of takes away from the "challenge" of taking photos, am I right? Oh, well.
1. I have a tendency to put too many things on a to-do list at one time. For example, in a three week time period in 2006 I sold a boat on ebay, bought two new cars, sold our home, had a baby and moved to a new city. I guess I thrive under pressure.
2. I don't like vegetables. Potatoes are about as close to a veggie as I get.
3. My career aspirations change on a weekly basis.
4. I enjoy moving as often as we do. I wonder if I'll ever really be able to settle in one place.
5. I have never seen The Rocky Horror Picture Show. No plans to either.
6. I love 80s and 90s pop and even current pop music. Miley, Bieber, Taylor Swift? Bring it.
7. I'm one of the few females that actually struggles to gain weight. Sounds exciting and glamorous, no? It's not.
8. I have the best kid in the world. No, really.
9. I can have a conversation with pretty much anyone.
Challenge number one is complete. On to round two. Come join in the fun. Here are the topics for this month:
Day 01 - A picture of yourself and 10 facts about yourself Day 02 - A picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest Day 03 - A picture of the cast from your favorite show Day 04 - A picture of your night Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory Day 06 - A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item Day 08 - A picture that makes you laugh Day 09 - A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most Day 10 - A picture of the person you do the craziest things with Day 11 - A picture of something you hate Day 12 - A picture of something you love Day 13 - A picture of your favorite band or artist Day 14 - A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without Day 15 - A picture of something you want to do before you die Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently Day 18 - A picture of your biggest insecurity Day 19 - A picture and a letter Day 20 - A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel Day 21 - A picture of something you wish you could forget Day 22 - A picture of something you wish you were better at Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change Day 25 - A picture of your day Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you Day 27 - A picture of yourself and a family member Day 28 - A picture of something you're afraid of Day 29 - A picture that can always make you smile Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss Day 31 - A picture of yourself
This little girl is growing up way too fast. I swear she looks 12 here. I don't want her to grow up. I remember when she was 18 months old thinking "it will never get better than this. I don't want her to change." I felt the same way at 2, 3, and 4 years old. The great thing is that even though the time passes much too quickly, each year she just gets better and better. I love this girl.